Monday, June 15, 2015

Guest Blogger Josie Patton


First Work day in Grenada! I'd just like to start off and say how grateful I am to be here!
Today my group, as well as Mollie and Leah's group got to paint this old church! We ended up cleaning the yard, painting the walls, shudders and even the floor of this church. We had a ton of fun (as seen by the paint everywhere!) and even though I was hot and sweaty I seriously had the best time, and we even have made new friends from other church groups all around the U.S.! Apparently it's not common to say "pop" or "suckers" in California. (The alternatives were "soda" and "lollipops")
As a side note, yesterday afternoon the locals though a beach BBQ for our group, complete with Caribbean food, music performed live from a local band and playing soccer and sand volleyball with local teens! And there were ladies there doing hair too! I got a couple corn rows on my side and i think they are so fun! Just another example of how people from different cultures can come together to share their beliefs and lifestyles!

No comments:

Post a Comment