Sunday, June 7, 2015

This morning Amberlea said we should go to the store to get all the travel things we need for Grenada. I laughed and said that I thought I better take care of what Tye and I need for Camp Savio before making any other plans for Grenada. It's funny how so much is going on but I really wouldn't have it any other way.

Tonight we will celebrate together at the 5 p.m. Mass. Father Martin will call us up on the altar for a blessing. There are 23 middle school youth and 4 adults going to camp next week, and then next Saturday we will leave with 9 High School youth, 4 college students, and 12 adults to go on our mission trip. I am the only overlapping person in those two groups and I'm thankful to be able to do these activities with nearly 50 other people. Growing in our faith is very much an individual thing, but we rely so much on the support and love and guidance of our church community and our larger community in general. Sharing our faith with others gives us the chance to better understand ourselves. Witnessing others have a relationship with Christ inspires us to grow closer to Him too.


No comments:

Post a Comment